View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 12:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Before MS came along, I sang in choruses, played the piano, did quite a bit of gardening outdoors and in, and I cooked.

After several decades with MS, the piano and the singing aren't possible, outdoor gardening is limited to a few patio plants, and cooking is really minimal.

For a number of years I played the recorder even though I had MS. I taught myself and had a good time with it but arthritis in my hands made it almost impossible to close the holes on the recorder in the right way.

I used to listen to music on the radio and recordings a lot.

Most of my adult life I've had a cat but since the last one died a year ago I haven't felt up to pet care.

I do tend to a few house plants and take photos now and then.

For many years I did a lot of counted cross stitch, needlepoint, knitting, crocheting, and quilting. I did teach myself to crochet. For the quilting I watched TV shows about it and got library books.

I knitted and crocheted quite a number of afghans, mostly as gifts for people, and a few sweaters, and I made needlepoint pillows as gifts too.

I haven't done knitting in years but can still crochet.

Do you enjoy writing? As tkrik suggested, you might try keeping a journal. Reading your journal later on can be fun and helpful too.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LoveCats (09-07-2014), SallyC (09-07-2014)