View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 11:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsz View Post
Thank you Suzanne. I am now very curious about CMT and will ask my neurologist about it at my next appointment. I am in CT and purchased a pair if walking poles this winter for a trip to NYC. I had fallen the last time I was in the city.
Do you take ropinerole for your RLS? I feel like I am suddenly on so much medication.
No, mine is not as bad as it was when I was younger, though I still do a lot of leg bouncing and pacing. It isn't worse at night as it is for many people. I am on Gabapentin and MS Contin ( time release morphine) for the nerve and muscle pain, and Baclofen for the muscle spasms, so am on a fair amount of stuff already. With this combination I am able to function at home, cook, drive a little (the numbness in my leg makes driving more than a few minutes impossible). Every year I am able to do less which is depressing, but at least I have time to plan. Right now I am desperately trying to get the house decluttered before I can't get to it anymore. I have nightmares of something like Hoarders where I am in a wheelchair and my stuff falls on me.

Also, I remember the early ads for the medication for RLS, saying something about increased sex drive. It struck me as a comical but somewhat terrifying side effect. I hope they ironed that one out....
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote