View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default All along the watch tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
Hi Nick, yes it is a side effect of Lyrica withdrawal. I am about 40 days off Lyrica now but I still never know how my day will pan out. I still get so much pain everywhere. Sometimes when I brush my longish hair it makes me want to cry. My main problem is the pain in all my joints. It is worse than the nerve pain I was in that led me to take this drug. It is so bad I cannot walk or stand for very long. Some days are better than others and when I get down I try to look at where I have come from. I congratulate myself and am proud of my body for doing its best to try to recover. I believe any drug that acts on the GABA receptors and neurotransmitters may help with the symptoms. But you are only going backwards and not truly helping your body. But do what you have to to get through this difficult time. I admit I have a scotch sometimes but although it helps in the short term I am sure it is not good for me. McKenzie

Hi Mckenzie as you say it's really tough this. Thought my back and neck scalp were not to bad earlier but all that changed and I just wish I was asleep. I am exhausted. I often find myself saying the opening lines to " All along the watch tower " There must be someway outa here. Anyway I just know you are right when you say that it's about the bodys GAba coming into or not coming into play.

Try googling this Lyrica Withdrawal Symptoms + Duration . It basicly says what you say. The actual link is in Medications and treatments section under my question , Lyrica a Withdrawal question and was in the reply.

Tried alcohol a week ago at daughters birthday. It did give me a lift but soon back to earth with a bump.

Let me know how you are doing .

Regards

Nick
Johnsonsyard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote