View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 06:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hope floats.

I see you must have been going through some horrendous experiences.
I hope you are getting help now, and can slowly get back to a better handle on the terrific pain that neuropathy can cause.

I must say, I have never heard about such a high dose of Lyrica. I thought the absolute maximum daily dose was 600 mg, ( 350 mg being the mostly max used) Was it your neurologist that managed the prescription ?

I have been taking Lyrica for about 1 1/2 year for neuropathy pain.
( The doctor put me on Neurontin at first, but that was quickly stopped due to feeling dizzy and "high" ( if that is what I felt. I, just like you have never taken any kind of drugs or alcohol, so I do not know what it means) I did not like the feeling of being like that Out of control.

The Lyrica has really helped my neuropathy pain, and I have tolerated it well. That is except for ONE thing, and this one thing, I have been thinking, could be due to Lyrica:

I have been getting some strange night episodes when I wake up and feel like something is pounding inside. Then I feel an extreme warmth that starts at one part of the body, and it slowly spreads to other area, one by one. It often ends up with a extreme internal heat inside my head.

I have been explaining this to my neurologists ( have been seing 3 - 4 of them in consultations) I have had different tests, the cause of this has not been found, other than the fact that I think it is the Lyrica.

I went to the Mayo Clinic, the neurologist there could not diagnose it other than she said it sounds like a panic attack. I did get upset with this, and told her that I do not feel anxious in general ( other than a little due to lack of diagnosis, and due to everlasting neuropathy pain and burning)

I was sent to a epilepsy neurologist and had 72 hour EEG monitoring for seizures, but luckily negative.

All this I am telling has been while I am still on Lyrica. I have been told that it is very important to take Lyrica with regular intervals so that the drug level stays the same in the blood stream at all times.

I read all your horrible withdrawal symptoms, and I started to compare.
But first, I must say, I do not have the stuff you are mentioning.

So now I have come to think, that this strange night episodes could some sort of withdrawal symptoms during the night if the level gets low( ??)

I am planning to try to stop Lyrica. And I have discussed it with my doctor.
I will have to, just to be able to confirm or dismiss the idea that the night symptoms is due to Lyrica.

Other than this night symptom, I am really doing well on Lyrica. But I do not think that it is a med one should be on for long term.
At present they think they have found the cause of my neuropathy, Rheumatoid Arthritis. And I have been actively treated for that for some time, hoping the neuropathy will lessen, but so far not.

I hope you will be well soon. I hope you have a good neurologist that can help you through the withdrawal and help you treat your neuropathy.
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote