Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre93 View Post
Hey I am exactly 5 months tooooo!!!
I feel EXACTLY like you , I feel like 5 months is long and if I was meant to heal , I should have but I've spoken to people that saw great improvement at 1 year so I guess 5 months is nothing , as for the ringing in the ears , mine went away completely.

Right now I'm dealing with concentration issues , chronic headaches , mood issues and just overly not feeling my self , I just feel "stuck" and can't imagine living this way for ever so I have faith it will get better
Wow I just found this forum and it makes me feel so much better that other people are toughing out the difficulties and trying to stay positive. I love how you guys are supporting each other, it's honestly really uplifting.

1. First, my complaining:
Hey, the day after tomorrow is 5 months for me! I also have neck tension, headaches, issues concentrating, and low mood (i.e. often feeling anxious, depressed, lonely, angry, irritable, etc. fo not particular reason). I also have some oracular-vestibular stuff (i.e. dizziness and vertigo). I often feel like I'm in a fog, and I become confused and disoriented easily, which makes it hard to carry a conversation with friends and really connect. Earlier today I had difficulties adding the tip to the bill-- which is insane, I was a math major and just graduated last year. It's frustrating feeling so stupid.

Sometimes I'm on the verge of tears over nothing, and sometimes I just start crying randomly. One time I was going to the bathroom and literally broke into tears while I was peeing and then broke into laughter (along with the tears) at the utter absurdity of my life. Sometimes I am afraid to share with my friends how much suffering I am in, because I am afraid if I am always complaining and depressed they will think less of me or want to avoid me (which is totally irrational).

I can't work yet and I have a dysfunctional family, and I quickly lost all my money and couldn't pay rent in my own place so I had nowhere to go. Eventually I was able to move in with my grandfather which isn't terrible but it also isn't great. I sleep on an old couch.
\End rant

2. Now, how I try to stay strong:

I keep telling myself things will get better, and remind myself that things could be so much worse and I am thankful that I am not homeless, that I am not hungry, and that I will probably get better. I try to enjoy each new thing I am allowed to do (eg. stationary biking for 15 minutes at %50 heart rate! Normally that would be so boring but it's better than nothing haha). I keep a diary to write down what I ultimately believe in. This helps clear my mind of hopeless and depressing thoughts.

I try to avoid unhelpful counterfactual thinking (eg. What would have happened if I didn't get this concussion? What would have happened if I took better care of myself right after the concussion?). I remind myself of all of the difficult things I have endured before-- This makes me feel strong and gives me confidence that some day this period of my life will just be another memory add to that list.

Not to say any of this works all the time, or even most of the time. It really sucks. But we got this. We have been through difficult things before, and once we conquer this, we will look back proudly at our perseverance.

Best of luck to everybody! Stay strong friends!
basketballhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon1028 (09-06-2014), Brenda1964 (01-17-2019), JuliaBertha (09-06-2014), Lara (09-06-2014), music-in-me (09-07-2014), SarahSmile0205 (09-07-2014), underwater (09-06-2014)