View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 04:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

@RAllen82 I know exactly what you mean, I'm 6 months in and my sleep is still poor, basically like you I take a long time to get off then wake way too early and can't get back to sleep. I miss lazing sleepily in bed on a Sunday morning fully refreshed, that would be heaven.

These days before bed I have some whole grain buttered toast and camomile tea, like Mark says you need some fuel for sleep. I find it helps if I'm in a happy frame of mind and think about abstract things. I sometimes take Magnesium and Calcium before bed and it seems to help calm me down, I also have a good hour of wind down before bed. I've tried exercising in the day which seems to help with getting to sleep and depth of sleep but not length. I think the problem is the brain is too stimulated and can't switch into sleep mode and stay there.

Sleep disturbance seems to be one of those symptoms that linger, maybe because of it's psychological element, TBH I think it just takes time to resolve.

@EsthersDoll what were your symptoms, did you suffer from dry eyes and thirst and a hangover feeling in the morning?
SuperElectric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-07-2014)