View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 07:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

wish I could say it gets better, but so far hasn't been the case for me. As to why I haven't tried a highland fling off a cliff... Well, cliffs are scarce in GA, I guess??? There are days though....

For myself, what gets the pain sitting in the worse is being bored. And as one with the attention span of a gnat, boredom can set in for days at a time or seem like it will never be an issue as long as I have plenty to do. It's been tough though as the things I can do diminish, seemingly, daily.

Of the five instruments I used to be able to play, 4 are now gathering dust. Long gone are the hikes, horseback rides, and nice long jogs with the puppies. Forget cooking, mostly because I forget I'm cooking . But hey I can still bake , on good days when the hands and arms are co operating.

But there are still plenty of things to do, video games, computer games, learning foreign languages that I'll probably never need to put into practice, apps on the tablets, crochet, knit, quilt (with someone else doing the cutting) reading, writing, writhing in pain a lot. (Whoops.... Ah well it's still something to do)

Honestly though, as far as how to go on goes, it's just nature? I suppose. Biological compulsion to wake up every day, to eat when hungry, drink when thirsty and sleep when tired. We all could do the bare minimum to survive, really sick or healthy it's human choice, or we can try to suck out the little joys.

Share a good joke, watch a good movie, play a good game, or hear a good song. Focus on the 'good' that's still around, it doesn't make the bad go away any but sure makes it a bit more tolerable (most days... Or at least some days). Sorry I'm not a real great motivational speaker/typist. But at least you're not alone, and they do say misery loves company so I'm here for you
Starznight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (09-08-2014), LoveCats (09-07-2014), SallyC (09-07-2014), Wolbachc (09-09-2014)