View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 11:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
A well balanced diet is far from adequate for the needs of an injured and struggling brain. Hopefully, the nutritionist can convince you of the need to supplement for brain healing. She may not have a brain healing perspective.

I know that my brain struggles without my vitamin regimen. My wife can see a difference in my personality/behavior. I was started on my regimen by a doctor over 30 years ago.
Duly noted, Mark. I will be seeing a nutritionist with a background in treating brain injury, as recommended by my GP.

You are right in that not having adequate vit intake could not only be deterring my recovery, but causing some of the mood affects. I am going to take it very seriously moving forward. Anything to make progress.

I'm also nervous going in to the winter months, as sun is very limited here and I have been known to have a vitamin D deficiency, which never seems to fully resolve, as vit D supplements usually give me long term stomach issues once ingested. I may seek an injection this year, although fairly uncommon practice around here says my GP.
randomguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote