View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
While not diabetic (so I'm told), my PN responds as if I were, so I eat accordingly—no sugar, white carbs, etc. The most I can get away with is a level tsp. of sugar/honey in my coffee; any more and my PN flares.

I'm a confirmed carbo/chocoholic, it's been ~3 years, and quite frankly... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy1SyXuWBt8

I've tried the "sugar-free" bulk candy from the grocery store, and while it tastes great, my PN still thinks the sugar alcohols (maltitol, etc.) are sugar, so... Aspartame is fine—PN doesn't care. Dark/baking chocolate doesn't do it—gives me migraines—gotta be light/milk chocolate (and sorry, but white chocolate isn't chocolate ).

What do diabetic folk eat to feed the chocolate beast that dwells within? Same question for ice cream; haven't found any kind of sugar-free ice cream—does any exist?

Found only 1 chocolate thread in the PN forum archive, unfortunately nothing of help.

I would even settle for... ...recipes at this point.

Doc

Hi Doc,
Yesterday was Father's Day here in Australia. My husbands son came over and brought him a massive gourmet dark chocolate bar. Then they proceeded to eat this in front of me. Oh my god the torture!

I got in my kitchen last night and made my own dark chocolate. It came out perfect.

Here is recipe:

Whole roasted almonds(which I crushed)
Organic coconut oil
Stevia
Dark unsweetened Cocao

I melted all this together and poured in a mold on top of wax paper. When it cooled, I put in refrigerator over night. I woke up to 2 bars.
I hope this recipe works for you.
Aussie
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (09-08-2014), mrsD (09-09-2014)