View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 06:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevo61 View Post
I heard a lots about ketamine but when I asked how it work or what the procedure I never had a clear answer
Can anyone explain me who the procedure is ,is via IV ,like epidural ,things like that,injected through a pump on what area?
Please ,can someone help, I already had scs I not sure if you can receive ketamine but still wants to learn about it and maybe is an options beneficial in my case and many others.
Gentle caring loving hugs and hope any input with clear that questions and thank you so much for all the help and support .with love ,Jesika
I receive outpatient ketamine infusions (had 4 so far) and I am waiting to go into a 5 day inpatient program(doesn't start until end of the year or beginning or next year). They are administered through an IV in your arm (My doc uses a numbing med prior to the IV insertion and uses and pediatric gauge IV). Your PM should also give you a benzodiazepine, such as Midazolam, to counteract any anxiety and/or hallucinations (depending on the dosage). The procedure can take anywhere from 2-4 hours (depending on the PM doc). It has been a life saver for me. Each time I receive more pain free days following, or as I like to call them..."mini-remissions", and not only that, my swelling is going down, my skin color is looking better and I am now in an aquatic therapy program to help rebuild my muscles (which had deteriorated badly).

Here is a link that gives "An Insiders View of Ketamine":

http://www.rsdcrpsdoesntownme.com/ar...amine-infusion

I hope this helps with your questions. I wish you luck on your journey. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
LovesTerriers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (09-08-2014), eevo61 (09-08-2014)