View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello

I'm new to this sight but have found it so helpful to know there are others like me who actually understand. I see my surgeon on Thursday and he will want to schedule rib resection soon. I'm very nervous but in so much pain I want to die. I am about out of my mind in pain. I have been in pain for years and have had 4 surgeries in the last 2.5 years. I had a 3 level fusion in my cervical spine and after the surgery still in pain new MRI doctors noted bilateral extra rib now I have diagnosis of True TOS all my pain is left sided but pulse is dead bilaterally. I'm so confused I have seen a neuro surgeon who just did a ulnar nerve decompression wit transposition 3 week ago and he had confirmed the diagnosis and recommends the surgery and says that the Cardio Vascular surgeon I am seeing is a great surgeon My ortho pedic surgeon who did the three level fusion in cervical also confirms the diagnosis and he gave the same opinion about the Cardio surgeon. I felt very comfortable with the Cardio vascular surgeon who told me he wanted me to have the ulnar nerve decompression and that he would schedule the surgery this week. I just don't know what to do all doctors have a concern that it is positive on both sides and are in hopes that after surgery with therapy I may be able to prevent right side surgery. The disc above my fusion has also ruptured and I will have to have disc replacement within 24 months. I have been in so much pain I had to finally quit work 2 years ago and I await a hearing for my SS disability unfortunately I don't hold out much hope since I was turned down at reconsideration I have 3 doctors stating I am totally disabled so I just pray it will happen one day. Mean while I have lost everything house car etc depleted all savings. I will have bankruptcy hearing next week. Anyway in some ways I just feel a glimps of hope that I could get some relief from the surgery I know I'm rambling but I am in so much pain I just don't know what to do. Any information or input would be greatly appreciated I only found this sight last week and I feel so happy to talk to people who know the valley.

Thank you
Beverley
moneymaker8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote