View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 08:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Spinal head ache after LP

I live 1.5 hours away from the hospital that did the LP friday. I went to our local ER (decent sized - new hospital) yesterday for a really severe spinal head ache. It was the first day I got out of bed after the spinal (3days) And my local ER didn't want to do the blood patch. They recommended resting for two more days and prescribed a migrane med/sedative. Today I feel ok except the lingering head ache. It goes away when i lay down like a spinal head ache is supposed to. I am taking it easy and my daughter is staying home from school so I dont have to drive. No cleaning, etc... but when I stand up I get a mild head ache. It is typical to linger this long? I know I could call my mom and tell her to go do the blood patch but I really really dont want anything thing else in my spine. If I can lay down for the next two days and be fine that is more ideal for me. I know that no one on here is a dr. If I thought I needed to go to the hospital I would I promise
summerjc07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (09-13-2014), LoveCats (09-13-2014), NurseNancy (09-12-2014), SallyC (09-09-2014)