View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 04:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna...
I still am confused as it (the crown) seemed like a simple procedure as I had an onlay previously. Very very little drilling was done to the tooth in question (31). It was not an rc tooth at the time. However, the crown came back so huge, the dentist drilled the hexk out of the tooth above it and that tooth thank goodness is hidden cause it looks terrible.
The crown kept on breaking...so many times, I lost count. Months went by. I was at the dentist with new crowns trying to be put in for many, many weeks. Then, she decided voila...it finally fit and put permanent cement in. BAD idea. It cracked within three minutes...I never left the office. So, one theory I have is they were having their crowns made by "Joe the discount crown maker" who works out of his garage. I had my first twinges of pain at the next appointment when she spent about an hour trying to get that thing off. Then the owner decided to put in a post....OMG! That's when I got the pain from"outer space," which caused the office to scramble because they knew I was trying to keep from screaming bloody murder.

THEN...after getting a second opinion (more stoooopid crxp) I was told to rc the tooth. .

I'm not discounting the rc tooth next to the cracked tooth as perhaps playing a role. I think many things went wrong here....and if you think about it, when I got the rc (the first one or the recent one), no one ever told me that my health might be negatively influenced.

So again, more than one thing at play here. I do think my dentists and the crown material they were using are highly suspect. I can't explain all the details...but the attitudes, behaviors, tx and decisions in that office...plus the results all seem horrid to me! The adjacent rc tooth is something I'm on my own wondering about. Also wondering if I can get any good, trustworthy, professional input locally re: that rc tooth and what my options are. My pain, poor health and ENORMOUS distrust of this profession...well, it's a lot to get through trying to find a dentist I can work with....but I won't give up. I have to find someone!!!!

The first book came in and I've started reading!!!!

PAM...
Just saw your post! Please continue posting. Maybe you should ask around for more names of oral surgeons. Try not to worry about the money. Your health is what is most important. Do what you think is best for your health. And, brush and floss regularly and AVOID SUGAR! I just saw the movie "FED UP" watch it if you get the opportunity. It's about sugar....soooooo bad for us!

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 09-09-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote