View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Doc,

Oh how I wish I had a good answer for you. I have chocolate "attacks" where I NEED a chocolate fix. I AM diabetic, diagnosed about 7 years ago.

At first, the only thing I ate to squash a chocolate attack was something called Vita-tops. It is NOT sugar free and not for diabetics but it was healthier than my other choices. It is made by a company called Vitalicious and depending on where you reside, it is sometimes hard to find in the grocery freezer. You might want to check out their website for possibilities to appease the chocolate beast.

When I began to have trouble finding my Vita-tops locally, I switched to Russell Stover Sugar Free chocolate that comes with 6 individually wrapped bite size pieces in a bag.

Oh, one last thing. Forget the sugar free chocolate brownie mix. It tastes awful. I don't remember what they use but whatever it is, I don't like it.

I will eat the sugar free Jello chocolate pudding (already prepared and in refrigerator section of grocery) on occasion.

I don't remember what the ingredients are in most things so I don't know if these items contain, sugar alcohols, or other sugar substitutes and which ones. I pay attention at the time I purchase an item but the memory is gone after the initial purchase.

Personally, I like the Dark, solid patties but I know that would NOT be your choice.

I wish I had some good ideas for you but I think we are BOTH very limited in our choices for different reasons.

Good luck in your quest. I know the chocolate beast will hit me every so often and nothing but chocolate will put the beast back in its cage.

Oh, about the ice cream. It has been a while (since I have never been much of an ice cream person) but Weight Watchers makes an individual little one serving size of chocolate ice cream that has reduced sugar. I don't remember if they use sugar alcohols or sugar substitutes or just less sugar than most ice cream. It has been a few years since I had it. The taste is pretty good.

Again, wish I had some answers but I don't. Just wanted you to know that this person WITH diabetes has trouble with the chocolate beast sometimes, too. Thank goodness it doesn't hit me very often. Good luck in your quest.

Oh, and forget the sugar free brownie mix. It tastes terrible.

I will have sugar free Jello chocolate pudding on occasion. The ones that are already prepared and sold in the refrigerator section of the grocery. (Don't like the Hunt's brand.) I can't remember how it is sweetened. Sugar alcohols or some other sugar substitute? I check the ingredients of items at the time I purchase them but my memory is gone and I don't remember once the purchase has been made.

Last edited by Hopeless; 09-09-2014 at 08:04 PM. Reason: added paragraph
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (09-12-2014)