Old 09-09-2014, 08:24 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_Pablo View Post
Top five films

1- 'Waltz With Bashir'. A subtitled film about memory repression after the Lebanon war. It is Beautiful but harrowing. Amazing film.

2- 'Donnie Darko'. Complicated film that encourages individual interpretation about the events as they unfold. Some fantastic visual metaphors in it.

3- 'Any Given Sunday'. As a College Football & NFL fan, a film with such fantastic cinematography, is a must to see. Not all about the game either & some good performances.

4- 'Watchmen'. I have read the graphic novel & I have to say, how I imagined one of the first scenes with the button to go, is exactly how it happened.

5- 'Sin City'. Purely for the fact that it is visually stunning. Love a bit of 'film noir' effect & with a very subtle use of colour, it really is an aesthetic pleasure.
Any Given Sunday was very good. Donnie Darko I read the spoiler to, still might watch. Sin City was great, Missed the most recent one because speakers at theatre blew out lol. Figures, the one time I leave the house in weeks Watchmen never heard of. Will have to look up.

My five,
The Godfather I
The Godfather II
Goodfellas
A Steetcar Names Desire
Citizen Kane, Jane Eyre, and All about Eve lol couldn't decide
anon1028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote