View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Waves

I will keep your post, with information I have regarding this whole issue. He doesn't want the green card which is funny, and his family doesn't want to come here either. They are all grown up and he has grand kids. He never married before. He never thought this would happen either.
We will extend all effort first to go through his side, as you recommended. If denied, then we seek the lawyer. Our objective is to get married in any which way we can. Here, there, doesn't matter. We were origionally told to get the K1 was the fastest way. But after I found out all about that, it kind of put a hold on that idea. Won't marry until I visit my own SS office, and look into their insurances, etc. I actually have a list going.

If you can think of any other ideas, I am open to all. I don't just listen, I write it down and have a folder for all the information.
So far we are stuck with this original birth certificate. He had one, but it was so smashed they required another to proceed with the application process.

Not discouraged waves, it is just that I am getting older, and I don't want to wait years to have this chance at some happy. My son can pay for flights, and that really is the only expense other than more food. I am not use to eating such a limited diet. WE have so much more variety.

When I got home, I have to say, I said "Oh Boy" when I got food for my fridge. I swear I would live in a grass hut if I had to, to be with this person. My parents would have freaked! I would be thrilled!

Thank you for caring waves. At my age (64) I sure was not expecting to like anyone, much less love someone. I had not dated in 20 years, and didn't want to. I wish you could have heard some of the conversations we had about this! I didn't want a boy friend, lover, husband, only friend, and had decided that a long long time ago.
Life threw a big big curve, and I am going to race around that track! Thanks again. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-10-2014), waves (09-10-2014)