View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi waves

He does not have a passport. That was why he had to have the new birth papers. He has never left Jamaica. Pass port comes before Visa.
No one we talk to, thinks he will get an OK to Visit. The Embassy isn't up to snuff, and like I say, if you look at them wrong, they deny you.
Yes, Sean could sponsor him in for income requirements. He is willing to do so. However, legally in the writing, you also take responsibility for the whole family, not just my Rasta. I think they do this to discourage you from having a co-signer to begin with. It is binding in a legal way also. God forbid, if Joseph had some issues in this country, Sean would be responsible for him. No we don't think that would be an issue. He does have a job in Jamaica (God bless that) That is how he has proof of ability to sustain himself here for however long he is allowed to stay.
The more I think about this, the more I think you are right. I should get the lawyer who handles this kind of thing.
I have started to look into, compassionate care options well. There are some clauses for a person coming into the country to "care" for a disabled person. Just heard about this, and will do the research there.

If he can just get the Visa, yep, marry, and try to figure out how to join our lives. I am going to get a very tiny villa here, in an over 55 community, or rather my son is. He will move me there, and I will continue to pay rent as usual. Still lots of hurdles and jumps to go through. I am so glad I know you waves. Thank you for caring about me. If you want to see a few cool pictures, PM me and I will send them to your e-mail via my samsung if you would be curious.
I won't lose the information you sent. I pass it on to my son who is also trying to help me. xxxginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-10-2014)