View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 01:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

PCP is hard to start with, he's too old school for most things. Don't get me wrong he's a good doctor, listens attentively, doesn't give out unrealistic expectations, is willing too look pretty much anything up... But seems to think most folks born any time after the start of the Vietnam War are just a bunch of whiny pansies and most of the medications discovered after the Vietnam war are pure new-age hokum, pandering to the tender footed generations of everyone gets a cookie!

I LOVE my PCP, we get along great, since I largely concur.... Until.... Well something like this occurs. Then there can be issues on occasion, of course that was before I had medical insurance too, which may have had something to do with it, since he outright told me what was the use in pushing so hard for a dx on a disease I couldn't afford to treat when I couldn't even afford the tests without making things worse for myself.

And he was somewhat right, early on I would try to get a job to save up enough money for a test, go straight down hill from pushing myself too hard and be more in the hole financial and physically than where I started from. Having insurance now, he might be more willing to point me in the right direction.

Failing that I guess it's about time to see the rheumatologist to find out just what on earth is going on with my connective tissues.
Starznight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (09-10-2014)