View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 03:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNAJACLYN View Post
Hi, I had my 7th VP shunt revision in July. This is the worst surgery yet. I too, suffer headaches EVERYDAY. They range in pain from 2-8. Neurosurgeon is still trying to figure out what is wrong. I hope your daughter is feeling well.

CNAJaclyn
Hey CNA,
I'm in a similar position to you with headaches EVERYDAY. My original shunt was placed in my 20's in '96. I had a revision in Feb '13, which didn't work then had another revision in Sept '13. Since then I've not had a day without major pain. My pain rating is from around 5 to 'ohh my holy god', the latter being more prominent. The NS says "it's nothing I've done" as if I'm blaming him, which I haven't. I've been sent to see an independent neurologist, who last week gave me 30 injections of Botox to relieve headaches. It hasn't worked yet, but it may take a few weeks to receive positive results, so I'm still hopeful. The NS has 'fixed' the problem but I am slowly losing what little sanity I have left with the continuing headaches.
I hope you get some sort of answer to your pain and your NS is a bit more helpful than mine
Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote