View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 05:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurochic View Post
The calmare equipment is a TENS machine so whatever the protocol and electrode placing being used by any given doctor or operator, it will function in exactly the way that a normal, multi-channel TENS machine does - electrode pads attached to the skin and an electric current run through the electrodes which is controlled and adjusted by the main unit. It contains pre-programmed cycles.

snip

The 510(k) makes it clear that the device is only designed to provide symptomatic relief of pain. That, as you will all know, is exactly what any simple multi-channel TENS machine which you can purchase from a high street chemist or on the internet, claims to be able to do.
I have two IF4000 interferential tens machines that I've used for back pain for years. Can you tell me exactly which ones they use?

I tried one of them around my ankle where the RDS orginated and I had no deep pain or in fact no deep sensation of any kind at all like I get elsewhere. I think it was due to edema? But I can mess with this some more if I'm using the right kind of tens machine. These are actually stronger and go deeper than a regular tens machine (Moderators, I hope this link is ok to post. If not please remove):

http://www.amazon.com/AccuMeds-Inter...ferential+unit

Any help appreciated.

Denise
cdwall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (09-12-2014)