View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 06:00 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thank you Kitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
Welcome Paininfoot.
Hi everyone (I posted this elsewhere - sorry for repost ! )
I am a 52 year old woman who used to have a 2 bottle of wine a day habit . I stopped for five months in 2013 but resumed little by little in 2014. Over the last two months I have had an EXCRUCIATING in my right foot and tingling/ twinges in my other foot and hands . I have had all the tests under the sun ( blood tests, brain and spine MRI, foot mri, nerve conduction tests ) and all were normal. The neurologist says he doesn't know what it is. The GP however is convinced it is related to my drinking .. And frankly, so am I . he says it is related to historical not current levels of alcohol consumption which have harmed my nerves . I am on Gabapentin which certainly calms the pain and Diclofenac . I have drunk wine sporadically over the last two months (c 10 days out of each month but binging on each occasion) . I realise now I need a loooong period without alcohol and in fact to stop completely . I am therefore on day 3 of no alcohol. I was wondering if this awful , frightening pain goes away and how long it takes . I am very scared. Is alcoholic neuropathy reversible ???
I look forward to hearing from you .
Take care
Paininfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (09-11-2014), Kitt (09-11-2014)