Thread: Lost and Scared
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 07:04 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Mikey

I just found out about a form of PT that isn't the normal one. I have had two spinal fusions, so I know the difference. This is called neuromuscular Massage. The licence for this particular type of therapy is required. It is not the sweet, feel good therapy. This goes to all the nerves in effected areas, and it does not feel great. HOWEVER, in 6 treatments my nerve pain and pain in general in my blown out arm is improving. There was no surgery fix for my arm. Just a warning I was losing function and I am an artist.
This is the kind of therapy that athletes get when they blow out a back, arm, leg or whatever. Either it gets you back to some good state, or you are out of your sport. Look into this if you have a chance. I didn't know what it was, or how bad it hurt, but I now look forward to it, bring on the pain, as it seems to be giving me some ability back. I wish you all the best Mikey. Also if you have to do the regular PT, change therapists. Sometimes a new person has a few tricks the others don't. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (09-11-2014)