View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Pam, I think it might be good to get various opinions from different types of doctors. It's a long shot, but sometimes people with nerve pain, actually have compressions in their brain causing these odd pains. This can be ruled out with an MRI.

I was somewhat rushed because the first dentist I saw took way over a month to attempt to put on a crown and my DIL was then eight months pregnant. That's when my pain started, but with each dental procedure, i believe mistakes were made and I got more pain. So....what happened is that I was becoming frantic between the increasing pain and my DIL getting closer to her due date.

Your situation is also very difficult since you are in pain and it takes so much time to see a doctor. You probably should make a decision relatively soon, yet you need the help of doctors to make decisions.

But, I was thinking that if possible, it would be nice to gather opinions from different doctors and to try different meds and the massage,etc. Perhaps the help you got from the massage is a clue. And perhaps you have more than one thing going wrong here.

I do believe my great pain has caused me some migraines and TMJ issues at times.

Should you make a final decision to remove the tooth, another thought is to begin exploring what options you will have in the future for an implant or prosthesis to replace that tooth, cosmetically. I have an rc tooth that I strongly suspect will need to be pulled, and that is what is on my agenda.

BTW, I have a cleaning today. I go three times a year, but I won't be able to let them touch my bottom right side.

Thank you for your kind words. It has been very tough. I pray your situation resolves in a healthy manner and soon.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote