View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Lyrica Symptoms

I too am trying to reduce or eliminate Lyrica from my regime of medications. My side effects (on the med) include edema in my leg and hand (left side), which did not exist to the degree it does now prior to this medication. I suffer from neuropathy that appears to have been caused by a bruise in my spinal cord (myelomalacia).
The symptoms began as some numbness and tingling, but the real pain started after I had a Myelogram (lumbar) procedure, which was to seek out the impingement that was believed to be causing pain in my left leg. The nerve pain after this procedure was unbearable. After a neurologist suggested I have an MRI of my neck (which never bothered me before this procedure), it was discovered that I had several disks migrating into my cervical spine area.

It was also the first time they noticed a bruise on my spinal cord. I quickly had a multilevel fusion (ACDF) in c4.5, c5.6 and c6.7 to prevent my spinal cord from being severed, or further compromised. I was EXTREMELY active before my Myelogram procedure (rock climbing in Yosemite, surfing, biking, etc...) The Neurontine I was prescribed did not seem to quell the pain. I was subsequently given Lyrica, which seems to have cause edema in my left leg, causing further pain in my foot (which I never had before the drug) as well as burning in my hands and arms.

I am now taking 150MG of Lyrica, reducing 75MG every week. It may be too fast as the nerve pain is creeping up again. I am going to look into PeaPure, which was mentioned earlier in this post.
Perky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote