View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Isometric tremor ? Desperate for advice

Hello I am a 22 year old male in good physical shape ( competitive bodybuilder) with no history of illness. 5 months ago I realized that when I contract any muscle I shake ( tremble). If I flex my bicep my forearm starts to shake, if I descend my arm knuckles down with force it has staggering jerks , my legs when going up from a squat motion slowly and abs when I hold at 90 degrees. But there is no tremor at rest or when I Extend my arms.

I have seen many doctors all of them are clueless since it's only when there's a muscle contraction. I did an EMG and it came back fine the lady was surprised since the tremor is very visual. Also it was 1 month after my bodybuilding competition so I know for a fact I never had it before since I was on stage flexing with no issues.

They have always been constant: not worse not better. One thing I noticed is that when I train and get a pump in my arms from training the shakes are almost 80-100% gone but come back once the pump is gone.

From what I've been told and read it's an isometric tremor. I have no idea how I got it and if there is a cure. I am Waiting to see the neurologist in December
George25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote