View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 01:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevo61 View Post
Thanks for sharing SloRian,
I know many times we all might not agree in Treatment s and opinions but the main reason for us to learn.
I agree, and people's bodies react differently to different treatments.

Quote:
I have scs and also had several months with tens us it's .always a question about calmare and many never answered me,instead they get attacking each others with things that to me was not the question and never got any response and at the end ,no answer I was looking for
I don't understand why this particular treatment is so controversial, but it is. All I know is my personal experience, which was very positive, so I wanted to put it out there so others can read it and make up their own minds. I know that some people have had a negative experience with it, and for some people, it hasn't done anything either positive or negative. But for a disease as awful as RSD, I think it's good to research many things.

Quote:
so my questions is : I saw e machine on the dr tv program and was wondering ,have you daughter tried TENS units ,work the same ? so similar ?
Yes, she has had TENS machine treatments, and it's different from Calmare in several very significant ways. The machine is different (different number of control knobs, different number of pads that stick on your skin, different kind of pads, VERY different placement of pads), and it feels different feeling during treatment, and the treatment protocol is different, to name a few. It's similar in that it's an electronic treatment.

Quote:
Also I already have scs ,is there any way you ask your dr if a patients with spinal cord stimulator can receive calmare therapy ,please a.
I'm so sorry, I don't remember. I'll try to call her doctor and get back to you, but I'm still pretty weak from chemo so I can't promise anything. I know that you can look up Calmare treatment places on the internet and call yourself and find out. We've been to three different Calmare treatment places so far (look back a page or so for a longer post of mine that gives a lot more details) and I like the one in New Jersey best so far, so I'd say maybe give them a call if you'd like.

Quote:
I will truly appreciate and I'm glad you stood up and what you believe is right for you daughters heaths also ,have she had ketamine infusions also wondering about it.
We were trying to decide between ketamine and a SCS when we came across a mention of Calmare on the internet, and my sister did some research and we decided to give it a try first because it was less invasive. The treatments that she had before were 4 or so lumbar blocks and then 5 or so Bier blocks. They all worked for a little bit then wore off.

Quote:
Also,I'm so,sorry for all you are dealing with and hope soon a good break coms your way for you both.always keep in mind you are also a priority for now ,your daughter can't do better if emotionally she knows you are not ok,so,please take care of you as well,and hope the healing you both need and deserve comes your way soon.:group hug:
That's so true - thanks for the good reminder and the hugs! After all we went through with RSD, getting a cancer diagnosis was quite a shock. They caught it while the tumor was still intact, though, so my prognosis is good. I'm so glad that I finally pushed myself to catch up taking care of myself! The thought of my kids being without their mom is awful - I'm so close to my mom, even now. She's been a huge support to me during these difficult times, and I'll fight with everything I have to be there for my kids.

Right from the start, my daughter has helped me. She offered to take me to all my chemo appointments (and they typically last 3 hours or more), and when my hair started falling out, she went with me to the hairdressers and we cut off our hair together - I got my head shaved, and she cut off her long hair to give it to a charity that makes wigs for kids with cancer. She has been an incredible support for me.

Quote:
Gentle loving hugs with caring love Jesika .
And to you, too Thank you for your support! and best wishes and prayers for you to find treatments that work well for you!
SloRian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (09-13-2014)