View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 09:11 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Chris,

I do recall your dental situation but would have to look back and refresh my memory of it's entirety. Each dentist will have their own set of skills and some will be more gentle than others. Hopefully this is the case with the dentist who extracted this tooth.

I would expect the surgical area to be sore for several days. That is a very tender spot and you may have had more bone deterioration in that area than the other side. So that could account for the lengthy healing time.

Also be sure that the removable partial is not rubbing against that area. If it is, then go back and have it adjusted. Are you able to eat with the partial or do you take it out to eat? Are you wearing the partial at night when you sleep? Usually the patient is instructed to not wear it while sleeping after the first few days post op. What did your dentist recommend?

Regarding the enamel erosion on your teeth.... this is not good. This can be caused by digestive issues, medications, diet or a lifestyle habit. Do you have digestive issues? Do you take medications that dissolve in your mouth rather than swallow them? Do you suck on sugar candies or cough drops or mints? Do you drink things like gatorade, soda, lemonade...?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinireland View Post
Hi Bryanna,

I hope this is the case as to to how my dentist removed the tooth hence it was a dead tooth that was causing some trouble. From speaking with you before Byranna if you recall I had the other upper incisor tooth removed due to a bad dentist drilling my teeth away for the purpose of crowns hence it killed both teeth at the time hence the reason for this situation now. However as I was aware of your input previously advising that the perio ligament be removed I told my previous dentist to make sure and remove it and it felt like a much more through clean and scraping so I was questioning this as I was relating the two. The dentist I went to is in Ireland in a town called Bray and he seems like a dentist that thinks outside the box of which he does not do root canals etc which all dentists should not of course. The tooth was removed on Tuesday and its still sore with a bruised feeling around the socket and I sincerely hope the site heals properly with new bone regeneration as the whole ordeal has been quite troubling for me. I now have a TCS partial denture that is completely bio compatible to my knowledge and another point is that the dentist did say I have severe abnormal wear on my teeth which he has rarely saw so bad and he describes it as corrosion of the enamel hence there is none left, it could be acid reflux or whats your thoughts?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-26-2015)