View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 05:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwall View Post
Before my bisphosphonate infusions (May 12-14, 2014), I could regularly get a 60 degree reading on my affected foot versus a 92-93 degrees (normal) on my unaffected foot when the affected foot was cold. Yes, over 30 degrees. The reason I got the thermometer was because I wanted to try biofeedback to see if I could change the freezing cold affected foot temps. I couldn't. Since my infusions, I rarely feel much difference nor do I measure skin temp. I just checked it and both are 93 degrees - the same.

I got a lot better in many ways after the bisphosphonate infusions in May after I got through the side effects but the affected leg continues to be extremely swollen and edematous which is still a huge problem. I'd say I've relapsed some but I've never been as bad as I was before them. I was already 14 months into it before the infusions with a lot of involvement.

CDwall,
I started taking tumeric caplets (medical name curcumin) for my swelling and within three months the swelling was gone. I highly recommend trying it. The only thing to know is with tumeric you can't take it if you are on an anticoagulent and if you need surgery you must stop it two weeks beforehand and can restart one week post surgery. For me it has been a miracle with the swelling and it also raised my good cholesterol the highest it has ever been, my doctor was very impressed!
Supergirl123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cdwall (09-13-2014), RSD ME (09-15-2014)