View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 10:35 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi there. Never think you have nothing of value to say. The fact that you responded means a lot.

Today I went for my first physical therapy. I was a bit hesitant until they started. OMG, it felt wonderful. The funniest thing happened when I walked in with my walker. You see I'm 66 years old but I'm 21 in my head so I don't think or act like any 66 year old. So they are assuring me that I will be helped by the physical therapy. I let them do their thing. They put pads or electrodes and covered them with hot packs and revved it up. I had to tell them when it was too high. I told them, and they left it on for 20 minutes. Felt great. Then the guy came in and massaged my knee, then the other guy came in and did the ultrasound. Then they said "we are going to bring you into the exercise room". I said 'I'M DOING EXERCISE???" They misinterpreted my asking and assured me "Don't worry, it won't hurt, it will strenthen your muscles, exercise is beneficial". Well, I burst out laughing and exclaimed

"Will I be able to return to my Senior Citizens Center and attend a sword wielding class". They looked at me and I took out my Kindle Fire and as they say, one video is worth a thousand words". I always take videos to show people what I do at the senior center. They actually have sword classes and once I held the sword and was wielding it while someone took a 15 second video. You should have seen the look on the physical therapist's face when I showed him my video (and the other ones where I'm doing chair exercises with other people and I'm moving every part of my body" He burst out laughing.

So today in the exercise room, he put 2 pound weights on my ankle and I did what I was told to do. I was also told that one cannot heal a torn miniscus because there is no blood flow to it but one can heal the rest of the knee so it won't get worse (at least I can hope to achieve this). I know me, I'll do whatever is necessary.

I will be going 3 times a week. I had a ball at the physical therapy place.

Might even be wielding a sword again some day. rofl.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (09-12-2014), Lara (09-12-2014)