View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 10:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have been tested for all endocrine issues, as the mri I had done after accident showed nodules on my thyroid, so my PC doc ordered a battery of tests. I have had rhizotomy (the nerves burned to make them quit working) done to my neck, as I have had a total trapped trapezius since the accident. I had massive shoulder surgery as the cartilage was a complete tear to the point of having my bicep tendon cut and removed from my shoulder and screwed into my humerus. The doctor says that the whiplash that I received was so significant that it damaged occipital nerves, vestibular nerves and neurosensural nerve. I am on medications for the pain, anxiety, vertigo, and nausea. The nausea is so bad sometimes, I have lost 9 lbs in a week.

I deal daily with most of this, but the emotional disruption makes me feel like I am going crazy. I am seeing a psychologist, he said that the "wires" are transmitting correctly. Ok, well how do you make them work?

I am used to being a powerhouse working...now I am lucky if I can get a day or two in a row that I can clean my house.

I am lucky that my neurosurgeon is an expert in concussions...he sent me for vestibular therapy which definitely helped. Pain management doctor and neuro having been pushing for me to go on SSI...that is a real ego breaker. I am only 42, and I looked up the SSI payment...I would be destitute.

I know I am not going to be able to go back to work, any time soon. I know that everyone in my life thinks this is all in my head, and that with a good self help book and positive affirmations I am going to magically get better. I had to tell my boyfriend tonight that he had to go away for an undeterminate time, because he brings me stress...well his life does anyway. All it takes is one emotional stressor, and I am off on a freaking crazy train. And the sad thing, I don't really know what I am supposed to feel. And, for the love of life, I have had someone say you are absolutely crazy.

I do want to ask, do any of you have continual tinnitus? I have high pitched non-stop...but when my symptoms are bad I have a buzzing too along with the high pitch? I have asked every doctor about this, and get the oh, its tinnitus.
PCSJourney42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote