View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 11:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

G Day back at ya. I do try. With all the gloom and doom in the world, I like to go around smiling. Even using a walker or a cane. Do you know how many people (that I personally know) have approached me and exclaimed "you use a cane??" Then they say "I would NEVER use a walker or a cane". Then I say "Then you are stupid and vain and don't you care if you fall??" Their response? "no, I won't be seen using a walker or a cane". And they continue to wear flip flops outside which is beyond stupid if one is 80 years old. Good Lord, the stuff I hear on a daily basis.

And today at the physical therapist's office there was a woman with sciatica who used an old fashioned kind of walker (without a seat). She saw my walker and exclaimed "Oh my 89 year old mother uses that". I said "thank god for this, it comes with a seat, how come you don't use this kind (because she had her own walker)". Her response "I would NEVER want my boyfriend to see me use that kind of walker, that's my mother's kind of walker">

rofl.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-12-2014)