View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 09:33 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Has anyone experienced this?

I'm going to try my best to put this into words because I'm desperate for help and what has been happening to me is very strange. Never had sleep issues until my head injury by the way. Recently, and I've noticed this is getting worse, as soon as I close my eyes I start having these random thoughts pop into my head- almost as if I'm in a dream. Then, I feel myself slipping into a state of anxiety and panic which wakes me up.

This is all uncontrollable. It's more than just lying in bed thinking about things to be done or stressful issues. I'm so tired that as soon as I close my eyes, these uncontrollable images and scenarios come into my head. I don't know if it's my subconscious thinking I'm going crazy and waking me up but it is making me have major sleep issues.

I slept for two hours last night and was never able to get back to sleep. Even this morning I tried to go back to sleep and the same thing happened about 5 or 6 times in the course of not even an hour.

I am taking Remeron (Mirtazapine) at night and it doesn't seem to be helping anymore. I didn't know if anyone has ever experienced anything like this. After I am fully awake after the panic feelings I always calm myself down and try to get to sleep. I've tried relaxing and clearing my mind but nothing is working.

Sorry for the lengthy post but this is making me feel very mentally unstable and I am so tired during the day it is hard to function. Thanks.

32 year old female
Fell off pool ladder on 07/26/14 and hit back of head on concrete, was unconscious for a few minutes.

Clear MRI and CT. Meds: 15mg Mirtazapine, heavy vitamin regimen

Symptoms: Anxiety (getting much better), sleep disturbances, fatigue, don't feel like myself

Getting better everyday thanks be to God! War Eagle!
RAllen82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
goodgrief20 (12-05-2016)