View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 11:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Bryanna for reply.

Regarding partial denture I am not wearing at all now as I want to allow for some healing time. Dentist said to try and wear it however its just more sensible to me for now to leave it out. Regarding erosion on teeth I have had digestive issues in the past including acid relux ie bad tastes in my mouth in morning and easy bleeding of gums with slightest suction. I did drink a lot of ornage juices and other drinks that had high sugar content though I have cut back on all that now hence my feeling is that it has to do with stomach/digestion etc which is concerning. Is there anything you could advise to help this possible reason s? And dentist actually used the term "abnormal" relating to the amount of wear on my teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Chris,

I do recall your dental situation but would have to look back and refresh my memory of it's entirety. Each dentist will have their own set of skills and some will be more gentle than others. Hopefully this is the case with the dentist who extracted this tooth.

I would expect the surgical area to be sore for several days. That is a very tender spot and you may have had more bone deterioration in that area than the other side. So that could account for the lengthy healing time.

Also be sure that the removable partial is not rubbing against that area. If it is, then go back and have it adjusted. Are you able to eat with the partial or do you take it out to eat? Are you wearing the partial at night when you sleep? Usually the patient is instructed to not wear it while sleeping after the first few days post op. What did your dentist recommend?

Regarding the enamel erosion on your teeth.... this is not good. This can be caused by digestive issues, medications, diet or a lifestyle habit. Do you have digestive issues? Do you take medications that dissolve in your mouth rather than swallow them? Do you suck on sugar candies or cough drops or mints? Do you drink things like gatorade, soda, lemonade...?

Bryanna
chrisinireland is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote