Thread: Kundalini yoga
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 01:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Kundalini yoga

Hi, I'm a visitor from the Parkinson's site because a new and worrying wrinkle in my 'OFF' state is severe dyspnea and extreme weakness. I thought I might find some answers here. I have done variations of hatha yoga for years, but lately I have been searching for a Kundalini class close to me, because I recall from years ago that their whole approach was different. They use breathing exercises and vocalizations to unleash the snake (Kundalini) in the spinal cord. I have also heard that their breathing exercises can lead to the practitioner being able to control their sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous system to some extent. I have also found Buteyko breathing this year and found its' premise interesting. Earlier this year I had a full-blown agitation attack, which lorazepam usually quells nicely. Not wanting to be dependent on that drug, I used a combination of yoga and Buteyko breathing (while pacing rapidly) and within about 15 minutes the attack just 'poof' - went away. I don't have any idea if Kundaline would work for what ails me now, but I am still going to look into it.
SarahBain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote