Old 09-14-2014, 08:17 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryDresden View Post
Greetings,

Quick bio:
male age 29

Broken toe four months ago. Pain has and continues to feel local to my toe.

first month ~ pain about what i would expect. At worse it was like a 4 when I had to wear shoes.
second month ~ getting better
third month ~ getting better. At this point the pain was just tingling if elevated. Light throbbing if i walked on it.

4th month ~ Bone Scan didn't show signs of rsd. I have head this is ~ 50% likely with lower extremities for someone my age. Got referred to a better doctor. Better doctor looked at x-ray, said it was crps. I got a "nerve block" that hour. The injection was directly into the foot.

At this point i'm nervous and anxious as resources online seem to indicate anything from "it will spread and get worse" to "generally mild cases can be resolved if caught within 6 to 9 months. However, everything agrees that earlier is better. I'm about 110 days into this and i'm not sure i'm even early anymore.

I know at the moment my symptoms/pain are a 0.5 out of 10, which is nothing compared to how bad it can be.

I know a forum isn't a substitute for medical professionals, but i'm curious if anyone has any suggestions on what I should research next.
My doctors have told me its likely this won't spread and won't get worse. TA lot of sources online are telling me they its almost random who the symptoms come and go. Where can i pin down some answers with studies and percents attached?
HarryDresden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote