View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Ginnie,

Thanks for the well-wishes on life. Yes, life is a crapshoot... I can only hope it takes a turn for the better. I am not working at the moment. And no, I cannot do art at all where I am at. I do not have the space. I do not even have my own room. I live with my parents in an apartment suitable for one person, or at best a pair of young newlyweds. It's a tight fit already, without having me splay out beading stuff, or other crafty things. I've been forbidden to paint my nails, much less use oils. Last time I tried to do some pastels, I got yelled at coz of the colored powder.... even though I papered the table before doing it. I can't play guitar/sing much either because someone else is often sleeping, or the tv is in use.

I wish I felt at peace here too. I've tried. Maybe I will some day, or maybe I will manage to crawl out of here, even if it's just to England or something. I do kind of miss the islands sometimes too. I think there's something about a place when you you have memories of being small and safe, that make it feel ok. I used to come to Europe on vacation almost yearly when I was small. I have a clear memory, compound memories really, of flying back into the islands, seeing the actual islands edged in turquoise, and then green, and then all the bent-over palm trees edging the runway, and feel a wave of relief.

I may be travelling soon, just as a tourist. We will se how it goes.

Quote:
Yeh I screwed up the same ankle that had problems before. Well I will see what happens. It happened, I am stuck with it, so I am going to try like heck to get better there too. Black and blue, green and purple are weird colors for an ankle. I won't let much stop me from having this life that is new and wonderful.
You are truly an inspiration.

I'm really sorry about your ankle. How is it now? Do you think it needs to be seen?

It sounds like it got really bruised... might take a few weeks to clear up, it sounds quite bad. Ice might help if it's still swollen as well as technicolored. I hope it isn't anything more than bruising. Ankles are so delicate, like wrists. It's amazing we can put all our weight on them and not hurt them most of the time.

I am so glad your arm is responding to this therapy. I keep you in my thoughts, hoping that it heals up completely.

waves
waves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-14-2014)