View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 02:05 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachissimo View Post
Work has started to ask about when I will be back. I have taken 2 weeks off so far with some improvement but not as rapid as the first time or as I expected. I still get dizzy when I walk around, when I think, when I work on the computer. I have avoided all what makes me dizzy for 2 weeks now. I tested myself and I am only slightly better.

Can I start going back to work from home despite the mild but annoying dizziness I get or it is not a good idea? I am not sure how much longer I can avoid work. My story is below.

My story is here:

So to recap my accident happened toward end of June, I was back feeling almost completely normal in 3-4 weeks. One month later I had virtually no symptoms. Following a high intensity run during which I felt a bit dizzy (but did not think much of it as I was not too sure it was bad) for about 15 mins I felt as bad as day 1.

My symptoms have been dizziness, bit of nausea, and some headaches particularly in the morning.

In order to avoid making what sounds like a mild concussion much worse I decided to take TWO weeks off work completely, I have not worked at all. Just read some emails.

My recovery after the relapse has been extremely slow. But this time I am going to take things very slowly. I am eating a lot and good quality, I assume that is a good thing to do. I am sleeping as much as I can, but do wake up early in the morning sometimes since concussion.
Take more time of if needed. Increase the running a little every day but stop if you feel sick right away. You want to feel very good when you go back and tackle work. Let them complain. You are not going to get stronger as the work day goes on at first. So you need to start from a position of feeling VERY good. Let work complain.
anon1028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote