View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 04:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default daughter's friend with multiple hits to the head

Hello,
I have a daughter who has PCS (3yrs now) and she befriended a young surfer 2 yrs older who also has PCS but from multiple hits to the head. He was actually doing great last fall and started a college classes. Things went downhill and his word finding ability and ability to be social pretty much came to a halt.

She recently saw him and he has gone downhill so much that she is scared for him. In her words, he is acting irrationally (walking along the cliffs and yelling at surfers or beachgoers, taking all kinds of risks, showing up dirty, telling her that he is going to run away. He showed up at a house that she was house sitting with a heavy backpack filled with useless things and all his clothes had coffee spilled on it. She says that it's as if he is manic)

This is not the kid she knew last year. She spoke to his parents and they don't know what to do. Neither she nor his parents believe drugs are involved.

So she asked me if there is a residential place where all the tests for TBI can be run and his depression can be helped. In her mind she thinks that he went backwards and that he has just given up.

I really didn't know what to say to her and she wants me to talk to his parents. She's super scared that he'll put himself in danger and get hurt, if not die.

Any thoughts? Ideas? I can print out the vitamin sticky with the list of amino acids (trytophan). I can tell him about this blog. I can recommend a good psychiatrist for meds and so on but I was really hoping that there is someplace that would help him for his TBI before he gets into trouble.

Thank you
hopefulmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon1028 (09-14-2014)