View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 10:41 PM
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by underwater View Post
So I braved a 1.5 hr drive to the big city and a 3.5 hr appt with Dr. Zeilinski, who's part of the Carrick tribe if i understand correctly.

If the appointment had all been in Chinese i would have understood about as much. My local chiro went with me to learn and so they spoke neuro-chiro language to each other and i neither understood nor recall.

But they had some fancy equipment--a balance measuring thing (my balance isn't too bad) and some goggles that you put on and follow dots and they measure your eye response. My eyes have some issues, couldn't understand or recall what they are. Dr Z. gave my chiro a list of exercises for me to work with him on locally. Oh, and they zapped my chin and tongue with a electric current, which, three hours into the appointment, is when i started crying. It was just sooo much info and stimulation, and then they put the trainee girl on the electrocuter machine which made me nervous.

So i wish i could tell you whether this stuff is helpful--i suspect it's a combo of techniques others use (i'm also going to see a neuro-opthamologist in a few days) and some stuff they came up with themselves.

I'll be doing the exercises over the next couple weeks. We'll see if i have a dramatic increase in recovery speed--i'll let ya know!

The visit cost $480 (they don't bill my insurance). Bottom line, it's probably not a total waste of money and might be worth seeking out a local functional neurologist rather than (or at least before) springing for Carrick himself.
Good luck!!!!! What are they trying to fix!! I got confused with the medical jargon I assume balance?
anon1028 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote