View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 11:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default 26 treatments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
I am feeling the onset of the cold in the Northeast!! And for now, until my attorney gets me a court date, I am cut off from my ketamine infusions by my RI doc because my authorization has just expired (I was only approved for 90 days by the WC court). My last infusion was a week and a half ago, so hopefully it will last at least another week and a half or more. We can file a request for a court date in the next few days and hopefully get one within a month.

So I am off WC payroll, and back to work, but still being tortured by WC. Makes no sense, but that's how it is. My head and shoulder will never be normal, but I've learned how to deal with them most of the time. Unfortunately, since April, I have never had to deal with them for longer than 4 weeks without ketamine or really strong meds.

Dr. Getson NEVER cut me off for lack of $$ or authorization. EVER. He cared more about the patient than his lining his own pockets. I miss him. My RI doc (court ordered) is just not like that at all. He comes across as the nicest man in town, and is highly qualified. But when the chips are down, he will leave you in pain rather than risk a loss of revenue (which is not likely in my case because every one of my ketamine bills has been paid to date by The Hartford - all 26 infusions). It sucks.

Sorry for the rant. Hope the colder weather is OK for you - I know the hot weather made you miserable.

Thanks so much for asking about me - and you take care, XOXO Sandy
Sandy,

I am just learning about the Ketamine - I thought it was a one time shot? It sounds like you have to go for repeat treatments?

I am so sorry to hear you are having trouble with WC - I know that sorrow all too well.

Pix
Pixie Girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote