View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 03:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Ok, here's one...

Here's another...

And yet another that says essentially the same things, but also includes something interesting I had not seen/read before...

An alcohol sugar that increases blood sugars? Well, that explains why they make my feet all buzzy!

Looking for verification, I found...

I don't know if it was the first factoid that caused me to previously miss/gloss over that second little tidbit or what, but apparently I did.

Fortunately (I spoze) I listen to my body over what I see/hear/read, so I've been avoiding the alcohols anyway. It's nice to know it's not some kind of anomaly though...

FWIW, I found the above by goggling: debunking "net carbs". More can be found searching "net carbs" scam and similar.

Doc
Wow! Your good at sniffing out scams. I am also having problems with sugar alcohols. They also give me terrible stomach cramps.

I just had to reorder a bunch of vitamins today because there is Sorbitol in my B12 and R Lipoic acid I take them twice a day and they were making things worse even at that small amount. I made a list of 'other ingredients in vitamins'. I have to goggle them to see what the heck they are. Never had to get that granular before with ingredients.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (09-15-2014)