View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 05:07 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

@RAllen82 It sounds like anxiety about sleep and perhaps too much stimulation in the day, do you wind down enough before bed? For getting to sleep to help clear my mind I think about something specific, like fixing a car engine, as I think about the procedure it directs my mind and reigns it in. Sometimes I think of some good experience like walking across a beach, or something that makes me happy. For the first few months I found it hard to sit down and relax, I had to force myself to do it! Eventually tiredness replaces fatigue and relaxing comes back.

I was prescribed Tamazepam a week after my injury when my PCS struck, it only used to knocked me out only for 4 hours so even benzo's don't work as they would normally.

These days (6 months in) I fall asleep OK, but will sleep for an hour, wake then sleep for 3-4 hours, wake again then find it really hard to get off a third time, I just drift into a weird semi sleep dream state similar to @kevbo887, so frustrating! I've yet to break the 4 hour barrier. If we could just get 7 hours straight sleep wouldn't that be great!
SuperElectric is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-15-2014), RAllen82 (09-15-2014)