View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 07:45 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Super,
The anxiety/ sleep cycle is so vicious, I don't know which one came first! I probably do have pretty high sleep anxiety, but I find that oddly enough I am calm in the hours before bed. I've been making myself stay up for as long as possible before turning in and taking my nightly meds (10-11pm). Your advice about clearing the mind is helpful- I will try it.

I too was prescribed Ativan after my injury and it was the same thing you are describing. I actually woke after two hours in more panic and anxiety than what I had before I laid down. It was awful. I take Remeron (Mirtazapine) now. It just makes me feel so exhausted the next day.

I'm with you- even 5 hours of straight sleep and I'd back flip out of the bed in excitement! Thanks for the reply. And on a good note- I actually slept "well" lat night. No "mini" panic attacks so I'm hoping this starts a good trend. I'm cautiously optimistic!

32 year old female
Fell off pool ladder on 07/26/14 and hit back of head on concrete, was unconscious for a few minutes.

Clear MRI and CT. Meds: 15mg Mirtazapine, heavy vitamin regimen

Symptoms: Anxiety (getting much better), sleep disturbances, fatigue, don't feel like myself

Getting better everyday thanks be to God! War Eagle!
RAllen82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote