View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 08:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Rallen, Id recommend youd try to almost put yourself into a meditation mindset before falling asleep.

For example, the first few months of my injury I would either sleep a ton(because of a lot of meds), or not sleep at all. For the times I wasnt sleeping at all I would find myself having anxiety, thinking about the future, the past, whats going to happen ect.

I figured it out, from people on this forum, that recommended to just not think before bed, its hard, and it takes a lot of practice, but I have it down pretty good now. I make sure I dont use a phone, computer, tv ect at least an hour before bed. I try to meditate almost, just relax. It helps to clear your mind. With that said though, I just dont sleep well. I fall into a trance, but just dont get much sleep.

Ive talked to my dr about it, and hes said its very common with pcs. He claims the fact that I go through cycles where I get some ok sleep, and then cycles with hardly any sleep, is actually a good thing. It means my body is figuring it out on its own, and one day my sleep will return to normal.

I think he actually has a decent point with that one. But, we will see I guess.
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RAllen82 (09-15-2014)