View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 12:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
I have experienced this too. I get zoned out trying to listen. I have learned to walk away rather than comment. I might make a statement such as "My brain is spinning right now and nothing is making sense." if the person(s) would even care. Or, 'I need to take a break from the conversation.'

Fast speech, multiple people talking, people talking with heavy accents, people with whiny voices and such can quickly over-burden my brain.

We each need to figure out our own system for responding to these situations based on our tolerance levels.

It does not help to speak up with attitude. Others will not understand, AT ALL and it only makes the situation more stressful. Quietly slipping away works best for me.

If someone asks what is going on, I sometimes use the term 'spaghetti brain.' I hear what everyone is saying but it is tangled up like a bowl of spaghetti.

Hope you can find a way to deal with this situation.

My best to you.
So Glad to know this is not me. My 18 year old daughter whom I love dearly, will corner me with these type of discussions. She gets upset because she thinks I am not listening....oh I hear her....it is just so darned nerve wracking and if I get one sentence that connects, I am lucky.
PCSJourney42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
music-in-me (09-15-2014)