View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 12:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Relationship problems

Hello all,

Finally had my fog lift after just over 3 months and was able to look around and see past my own nose. My fiance, or whatever I should call him now, seemed pretty unhappy. After a heart to heart, he basically told me that he doesn't want to get married anymore, that he doesn't see a future in our relationship, that he wants to remain friends, and that he thinks living together is a bad idea.

I've only been out of the fog (emotional, cognitive, visual, dizziness, pain) for a week, and I feel myself slipping back in. I don't feel like I'm in the clear. Pain and insomnia, insecurity, intense sadness and despair, along with the mental static these create, have returned. I'm not back at work yet.

So, what do I do? My next appointment with my psychologist isn't for two weeks. I'm trying to find a relationship counselor that specializes in PCS/mTBI. My grounding mantras (I am safe, I am/want to be happy, I am/want to be healthy, I live/want to live with ease) aren't working, namely because I found a great amount of safety in my relationship. I'm so angry and hurt that my love withheld communication from me, even if it was to protect me, because it (along with my injury) may is costing us so much. I'm trying to focus on being loving, but still having problems with being really emotional and fearful, and I find myself reacting in ways I'd rather not.

Best,

awwwebbie
--------------------
A week and half after moving into a new house with my fiance/partner of 8 years and his teenage daugter, after living on my own for 9 years, I was hit by a car while riding my bike. I suffered an mTBI with PCS from multiple blows to the head, unconscious for less than a minute with no memory of event. Hit the back of my head, and above right eye. MRI and CT negative. Symptoms included constant headaches (migraine, pressure, tension), dizziness, tinnitus, visual changes, photophobia, fatigue, "spacing out", word finding and other cognitive difficulties, depression, and emotional lability.

As of 8/26/14 considered myself 50 percent improved, with pt (occipital release, manual therapy for neck, VOR, VOM) speech therapy (cognitive rehab), craniosacral therapy. Still unable to work due to congnitive difficulties, vision problems, pain, and fatigue.

On or shortly following 8/28/14, introduced new dietary modifications (Turmeric 500mg 3xday, longer time between meals, abstinence from all nightshades), increased exercise (had been walking), and added massotherapy and cognitive behavioral therapy for pain, anxiety and depression.

Had accupunture for the first time on 9/8/14. Felt exhausted afterward with pain sharply increased. Have yet to follow up - need to find out what this means.

9/9/14 - Neuropsych testing, awaiting results.

As of 9/13, feel 70 - 80% improved in all areas. Continuing with PT, speech therapy/conitive rehab, massotherapy, dietary modifications (including multiple supplements), exercise, juicing, cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation. Will start vision therapy soon for convergence insufficency and difficulty focusing. May continue with accupunture or may not. Confirmed today that my recent suspicions (over the past week) that my relationship has suffered direly are true. This is a horrible shock. I'm pushing for couple therapy, so hopefully that can be added on as well. I've come this far and I'm not giving up.
awwwebbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
enoko (09-18-2014)