View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 01:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. I can relate as my husband is having an increasingly difficult time with this. We have had two of the "heart to hearts" you mentioned and he is fearful that I will never be myself again and is frustrated that I'm almost 2 months out and have back stepped more than I have moved forward.

I just keep explaining to him that I need and love him very much. I told him that it's difficult for him to "see" how I feel because almost all PCS symptoms aren't physical. Things happen in life that we cannot explain for better and sadly worse which is what has happened. I just keep having strong faith that the big picture will be seen one day and I will use my weakness to be someones strength. Hard to imagine now, I know.

I struggle just as you do with showing love whether it be physical or emotional to my spouse. I just have to keep explaining that some days its all I can do to get out of bed and breathe. I don't see any harm in going the relationship therapy route.

I will say a prayer and I hope that you pray too for God to intervene and shed light to guide your path. If you haven't heard of a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young- it has brought much comfort in a time that is very hard. It encourages me to be patient and say the things I need to communicate with my spouse.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path" Psalm 119:105

32 year old female
Fell off pool ladder on 07/26/14 and hit back of head on concrete, was unconscious for a few minutes.

Clear MRI and CT. Meds: 15mg Mirtazapine, heavy vitamin regimen

Symptoms: Anxiety (getting much better), sleep disturbances, fatigue, don't feel like myself

Getting better everyday thanks be to God! War Eagle!
RAllen82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
awwwebbie (09-15-2014)