View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default No longer just the Czar of pain, now the Czar of hope!

[QUOTE=painfree;54763]Meralgia Paresthetica can be the result of Myofascial trigger points (knots) in specific muscles especially Tensor fasciae latae, Sartorius and psoas/Iliopsoas - which also causes back pain. Tense bands in the paraspinal muscles may also play a role.[QUOTEpainfree;54763]

Muscles? Doc told me (new pain doc) there is a tunnel where the nerves run through the outside of the pelvis this is blocked (by weight in my case). It can have other causes but he said manipulating the muscles was absurd that if it worked it was a cause other then Meralgia Paresthetica. Only a steady dose of Tegretol plus Lyrica will relive most of the symptoms; most often surgery is the only way to actually alleviate all of the pain impulses.

For 4 days, I have been taking a cocktail of Lyrica 75mg 4 times a day plus 200 mg of tegretol two times a day and one 750mg Hydrocodone two times a day if needed. I am down to half two times a day as of yesterday. Which was the best day I have had in years… jeeze a doctor that knows what he is doing!

Yesterday my car broke down I had to walk a half a mile took me an hour resting every so often, but NO SPIKES, pain yes but no electrical SPIKES. Furthest I have walked in 10 years. After I got the car home, I was able to work on it myself and fix it sitting on a stool. My God, I am functioning, a little tired, a little buzzed but functioning. Today I am hurting a bit but tolerable, going to try an get a job I think.

No longer just the Czar of pain, now the Czar of hope!
Czar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote