View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 12:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am hypothyroid too, and I had to ask to be put on thyroid meds back in 2000 when I got too symptomatic. (e can do that here).
TSH was 2,5 but ft4 was 11 with a range of 10-20 which really explains the symptoms, and positive antibodies.
I am on thyroid forums ad they have these problems all the time, doctors saying thyroid is normal even though TSH is 3 or 4 oer even 5, and many endos even refuse to believe that anyone can have symptoms with a TSH below 10. They even wrote a consensus about that at a meeting. The dissenting endos are for a lower range, 2,5 to 3.
In Germany, some labs have lowered the ranges to 2,5 and to 1,12 after some new studies of the normal range.

On the thyroid forums, they sometimes say go to a gyn, not to an endo. And if you have a Doctor of Osteopathy, try one as they see the whole picture, all he symptoms, and are much more inclined to treat you for hypothyroidism even with numbers still inside the range.

BTW, normal TSH is very close to 1 and often people will have symptoms if their ft4 and ft3 are in the lower half for a lo time (they forget the time dimension....)

Gluten is known to trigger thyroid antibodies.

nora
northernlights is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote