View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 10:12 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default I think i found cause & cure for my mp

I have suffered from Meralgia Parasethica for many years. The cause of my MP has always been a mystery - until now.
In the past couple of months, my symptoms started easing up considerably, and in the past 2-3 weeks they have disappeared, hopefully permanently! I have been mystified as to what's changed. But I just realized the answer and I'd like to share it with others. I'm quite sure this must apply to some other people who are suffering from MP.
My natural sleep position is on my side, with my upper leg hanging over my lower leg and knee touching the bed. I never thought twice about that until recently, when I've been working on my body alignment (for other reasons). Since June, I've been forcing myself to sleep on my side with my knees together instead. I'm more and more convinced this is what's made the difference.
I can't believe no doctor has ever asked me about my sleep position. But it's logical that this position can easily compress the Lateral Femoral Cutaneous nerve, thus causing MP.
If you sleep on your side, please consider this. I'm more convinced every day that this was the cause, and cure, for my MP! Good luck to all - I sure hope this will help some of you
JackyP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-21-2014), Lifemax305 (01-10-2015), mrsD (09-17-2014)